The Hansen lab is led by Kasper Daniel Hansen.
We are a computational biology lab, interested in analysis of high-throughput experiments. Areas of special interest are epigenetics (particular DNA methylation), gene expression, and biases in high-throughput technologies.
A selection of current topics in the lab:
- Understanding selective pressures on chromatin in humans
- RNA velocity in single cells
- Ultra-large (200,000+ samples) scale analysis of RNA-seq data
- Using genetic techniques to understand epigenetics by studying Mendelian disorders of the epigenetic machinery
- Analysis of DNA methylation and other epigenetic marks using Nanopore sequencing
Biostatistics: 3648 Bloomberg School of Public Health
IGM: 111 Welch Library
Kasper Daniel Hansen
Department of Biostatistics
Bloomberg School of Public Health
615 N. Wolfe Street, E3527
Baltimore, MD 21205